Type Fighter

Type Fighter is a jam game created by myself and a few friends over the period of a week, intended to be a fun little project for us to work on now that our final university year has concluded.

7284451_orig

Continue reading

Advertisements

Twitter McGuffin game

As part of the Advanced Technologies module on my university course, we were tasked with creating a system of retrieving data from a social media API and using the data retrieved actively in a prototype game.

Choosing Twitter as my social network of choice, the majority of my time with this task was spent implementing methods for accessing the Twitter API and handling the data in an efficient, simple way.

For a detailed breakdown of progress throughout this task, I’ve created a playlist of the video logs created during development:


Below is a video of a more polished version of the prototype developed for this task:

 

Hunting Season

Hunting Season is the game myself and some colleagues made for a fox themed game jam as part of the Commercial Games Development module for the Games Technlology (BSc) course at UWE.

This game was originally developed in ~48 hours in September 2015. I’ve made a few updates recently to improve the user experience, namely sound and music options as well as adding a few new sound effects in.

 
Continue reading

Tweet Islands

Tweet Islands is the project is developed as part of my dissertation at UWE the goal of which was to create an application that used tweets collected from Twitter to generate 3D islands.

I’ve been working on this thing for a few month now and I’m really pleased with how far it’s come in such a short time. I still have loads of ideas and features that I want to add to this project later down the line, so stay tuned for future updates!

Below is a short demo video that gives an overview of what’s possible with the program;

Tweets Islands is available for download from;

New to Tweet Islands? Check out the the manual to get started.

The complete source code and Unity project is also available on GitHub.

Attack Of The Chubster

A small game that a friend and I put together as part of the 2016 Global Game Jam.

Said friend was responsible for creating all the art assets in the game, as well as animating them, leaving me responsible for the programming side of the project.  Total development time on this game ended up being ~21 hours for the both of us.

This project was definitely a lot of fun to work on and the time constraints really pushed the both of us to work as efficiently as possible. There’s been a fair amount of discussion about developing this game further once we both have some more time including additional weapons, enemies and power-ups.As always I’ll post any updates to the game on this site as and when they happen

I put together a small trailer for the game which you can view here:

You can also download this game, here!